Slide

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Slam Dunk


Recently I restarted to watch anime series of Slam Dunk(スラムダンク), a manga written by Takehiko Inoue in 1990s about a basketball team from Shohoku (Shōhoku) High School.
-----------------------------------------------------
You may never hear of that, but it was so popular in Japan so that lots of Japanese teenagers began playing basketball team after it was published. The anime series was introduced to China around 1998 and had a great success. I saw it for the first time when I was in junior high school, and by watching this anime series I got to know the basketball game, the rules, the different positions, among others. It was so popular that we went playing basketball almost everyday. You may be asking why we were so crazy about this manga and this game, well, it was because this is not only about a game, it was a manga talking about the daily life of a teenager, you know, about your studies, your dream, and your first love.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you ever been fighting for your dream when you were a child? Probably these dreams seem sometimes absurd today, but at that moment you just thought the world is yours, and you can do everything to realize your dream. This kind of dream, in Slam Dunk ,is described as winning the champion of Japan. The team of Shohoku High School, used to be weak, but as new comers like Hanamichi Sakuragi and Kaede Rukawa joined the team, this dreams became possible, and everyone tried their best to realize that. I had many dreams when I was a child, and finally few of them have been realized, or even just been mentioned. I understand well that now as a adult, I will never have this kind of dreams again just because my experience have taught me to be more realistic, but I find life have become much less colorful, and sometimes I just get easily bored of what I'm doing. Someone told this was very normal 'cause you have grown and you must get used of living in such a world, a world that is not as beautiful as what you could see during your childhood. I agree with that, but this do not stop me getting a little disappoint. I don't know whether others in my age have the same question, but I'm a guy that easily get confused about questions about the life, the love, or other questions like that.
Slum Dunk also talked about the love stories in high school, which is in my opinion your only chance to fully get involved yourself in a relationship. Well, for me ,this was a little special. Yes I know people always think their story is special , but my story is really special. Of course I won't talk about that here, But I miss a little that kind of feeling.
I stop here 'cause I think the personal story is sometimes boring for the readers.Then I have a funny question , How to seduce a french girl? Being occupied by mathematical analysis, I just need sometimes think about these funny questions.

No comments: