Slide

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The challenge to Beijingoism

 

Dec 26th 2007 | BEIJING

from economist.com

IN READINESS for the Olympic games, Beijing is putting the finishing touches to a colossal makeover: the world’s biggest airport terminal, skyscrapers, subway lines and lavish stadiums. It is guaranteed to impress the world. But the leadership is nervous. The games will be a magnet for China’s critics. At a time of growing unease around the world about everything from the safety of China’s products to its policies in Africa, there are plenty of them.

See the full story, go here

Comment: the Taiwan and Tibet issues is China's internal political affaire, they have nothing to do with the Olympic Games in 2008. Besides, Why do people believe that Chinese people will live better if they have democracy? Promoting democracy in a immature condition will only cause chaos, take a look at African countries, most of them have parliament, universal suffrage elected president, but what can you inside this "democracy"? Corruptions, political nasty fights, and their economy, not better.

But I can also say that I'm totally wrong  just 'cause I've never been to Africa, as well as most of these journalists have never been to China. One of my friend told me yesterday that in his English class when two french students made a presentation about the human rights in China, he asked only one question when they had finished : "Have you been to China, do you speak Chinese?" Then nobody can say one more word. I think I'll ask the same question if I were there.

Finally, come to China if you really want to know what's happening. Chinese people are nice, so am I.

No comments: